10 DAY MASTER CLEANSE
Have you ever fasted? The 10 day master cleanse, lemonade diet, lemon detox has been around from the 1940’s when it was developed by Stanley Burroughs. The development of the cleanse was based on Mr. Burroughs own health experiences. His development of the 10 day master cleanse was based on his own research and that of other pioneering naturopaths, such as Dr.Norman Walker. The 10 day master cleanse has been used by both celebrities and ordinary persons for years. Why is the 10 day master cleanse so popular? What are the benefits of using lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper? Is the 10 day master cleanse healthy? This article will examine :
- Master Cleanse Program
- Master Cleanse Recipe and directions
- Master Cleanse Ingredients
- How to do the Master Cleanse
- Is the Master Cleanse Healthy
Master Cleanse Program
The main ideas behind the master cleanse program is:
- To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
- To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
- To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
- To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
- To relieve pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
- To build a healthy blood stream.
- To promote youth and vitality no matter your age.
You can see the appeal of the master cleanse. The 10 day master cleanse promises elimination of toxins, diseases which will result in better health and vitality.
Master Cleanse Recipe and Directions
2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
2 Tablespoons genuine maple syrup (not maple flavored sugar syrup)
1/10 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
Water, medium hot (spring or purified water)
Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz. glass and
fill with medium hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred.). Use fresh lemons or limes only, never canned nor frozen lemon or lime juice.
Master Cleanse Ingredients
Why is the master cleanse ingredients so important ? Let’s examine the ingredients that make the master cleanse such a powerful diet.
- Lemons are a good source of vitamin C. Citrus fruits like lemons are high in vitamin C, which is a basic antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals. Vitamin C also helps fight or lessen infections.
- Vitamin C may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke and lower blood pressure. Lemons improve your skin quality. The vitamin C may help reduce skin wrinkling, dry skin from aging and sun damage.
- Lemons aid digestion. Drinking warm or hot lemon water may help get your digestive system moving. Lemons freshens your breath. Lemons are thought to stimulate saliva , which along with water , helps prevent dry mouth.
- The citric acid in lemons helps prevent kidney stones. Citric acid’s component citrate, makes urine less acidic and may break up small stones. Lemons support weight loss.
- Cayenne pepper may boost your metabolism. Cayenne helps increase the amount of heat your body produces, making you burn more calories per day. This is done by diet-induced thermogenesis.
- Cayenne pepper can help reduce hunger, helping you eat less and feel full longer.
- Cayenne pepper may lower blood pressure.
- Cayenne pepper may aid digestive health. Cayenne pepper may help boost the stomach’s defense against infections, increase digestive fluid production and help deliver enzymes to the stomach.
- Cayenne pepper may help relieve pain – such as joint and muscle pain, lower back pain, pain after surgery, pain from nerve conditions like shingles.
- Cayenne pepper may reduce cancer risk.
- Maple syrup contains some vitamins , minerals and antioxidants. Maple syrup provides a good amount of the minerals manganese and zinc. Darker maple syrup like Grade B supplies more of the 24 antioxidants found in maple syrup. Maple syrup is a less bad version of sugar, but it can not be labeled as healthy because of the high sugar content.
How to do the Master Cleanse
The master cleanse should be used when the following conditions are experienced:
- When sickness has developed — for all acute and chronic conditions.
- When the digestive system needs a rest and a cleansing.
- When overweight has become a problem.
- When better assimilation and building of body tissue is needed.
Drink six to twelve glasses of the lemonade daily during waking hours. As you get hungry just drink another glass of lemonade. As this is a fast, no other food should be eaten during the full period of the diet. The master cleanse is said to be a complete balance of minerals and vitamins and one doesn’t experience hunger pangs. The master cleanse lemonade is said to be already food in liquid form
For those who are overweight, less maple syrup may be used. For those who are underweight and worried about losing more weight, the weight loss is said to be only mucus , waste and disease.
As the master cleanse diet is only liquid based with no solid foods consumed, constipation may occur in some people. It is advised that if your system feels upset because of not having sufficient elimination, drinking a laxative tea can help. According to the master cleanse diet elimination should be several times a day.
Another solution to master cleanse induced constipation is to drink a mixture called an internal salt water bath. You would make this salt drink by mixing a quart of lukewarm water and two teaspoons of non iodized salt. This is to be consumed in full, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This salt drink is said to pass through the digestive system in about an hour. Drinking this would result in several bowel movements.
It is advised that the master cleanse be followed for a minimum of 10 days or more. The master cleanse is said to have all the nutrition needed for elimination, weight loss. The master cleanse can be followed three or four times a year for keeping the body in a healthy state. The master cleanse is said to be safely used more frequently for serious conditions.
As a reducing diet the master cleanse is said to dissolve and eliminate all types of fatty tissue. It is said to melt fat at the rate of about two pounds a day for most persons and without side effects.
The master cleanse also claims that mucus diseases such as colds, flu, asthma, hay fever, sinus and bronchial troubles are rapidly dissolved from the body . Claims of skin disorders, cholesterol deposits, calcium deposits are readily dissolved and removed from the body because of the master cleanse.
Is the Master Cleanse Healthy
In concluding should you try the 10 day master cleanse. The master cleanse promises that you would feel energized, melt fat and lose weight.