What is dry skin brushing?
It is simply exfoliation of the skin, rubbing your dry skin. You can use a glove, washer, brush really any item that will gently rub the skins surface. It is really an invigorating and quick process that you can adapt to your daily shower routine.
How does dry brushing impact breast health?
Dry brushing stimulates the skin and circulates lymph fluid which is present just under the skin’s surface. The skin is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for a quarter of the body’s detoxification so it’s ability to remove toxins via the lymph system is very important. Dry skin brushing also improves skin appearance due to the shedding of dead skin cells. So what does this have to do with breast health? Well when lymphatic fluid begins to slow down or become stagnant estrogens from the breast area can not be removed and inflammation results. This can cause breast tenderness, lumps in the breast or under the arms and changes in breast size.
Dry brushing procedure
- Dry brush your entire body before you shower, preferably in the morning or before bed. This helps loosen and remove dead skin and uric acid crystals.
- Start at the soles of your feet doing circular movements, then brush upwards on your legs toward your heart. Use long, even strokes.
- Brush all the way up your legs, if you have cellulite on your hips and thighs, stay here a little longer.
- Then begin circular movements over your tummy. Up on right and down on left, simulating the natural movement of the bowels.
- Be kind on sensitive areas like the breast and avoid brushing anywhere the skin is cut or where you have a rash, infection, or wound.
- When ready, start the shower with warm water and end briefly with cold.
- Dry off vigorously.
Dry skin brushing increases circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. And the removal of built up estrogens in the breast region. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified.